Sunday, June 6, 2010

Purple Hibiscus

When I first saw the Purple hibiscus flowers, I gazed at it for a long time. The nursery owner silently stood watching me admire the flowers. He broke the silence by saying that the hibiscus will bloom throughout the year, and quoted the cost of the plant. Only a mere smile flashed on my face; words did not flow because I was still intoxicated by that color. I walked away speechless.


The Purple flower stuck in my eyes for a whole week. How can a flower be so subtly beautiful? On the next weekend, I visited the nursery, and bought a small plant that had buds. Two buds bloomed together this weekend, diagonal to each other. Oh my, so lovely!

I have to wait till all the buds bloom, and then re-pot the plant in a bigger container. Whenever I think about Purple hibiscus, I remember the book - Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. It's a brilliant book; read the review at http://www.curledup.com/hibiscus.htm.

Regards,
Asha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget