Monday, August 2, 2010

Season of sowing-sprouting

July was a month that saw a lot of sowing of seeds and the seeds growing into plants. July was also a month during which I added more plants to the collection - roses, caladium, and other plants. I re-arranged the plants in rows and cleaned the entire terrace. A back-breaking month!

I sowed a few fenugreek seeds last week. Fenugreek sprouts fast and grows fast. I like them. For fenugreek, I used loose soil in a shallow container. Due to cloudy weather and rains, seeds did not require a lot of watering. I have covered the sprouts with fresh Neem leaves; hides the sprouts from pigeons, helps retain moisture, and also acts as a pesticide.

The photo captures the sowing-to-sprouting process.

Fenugreek sprouting
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The beans seeds have sprouted too. I shall write more about in my next update.
 
The Anthuriums are blooming. I have Maroon, Pink, and dwarf Pink varieties. I am looking forward to add the Red and the White varieties. The Maroon colored Anthurium has crumpled leaves, and are they beautiful!
 
The photo illustrates a few Anthuriums that I have.
Anthuriums
 
Oh, I almost forgot to include my Gloxinia babies! :-)

Gloxinia


Regards,
Asha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget