Sunday, September 12, 2010

Festival Harvest

We landed home, and was I happy to see the plants fine! Thanks to our driver who watered the plants when we were on vacation.

I was also thrilled to see the latest developments at the terrace garden. One of the tomato plants had a tiny tomato showing, the Okras were almost ripe, the greens were standing tall, the Brinjal plant had one lovely flower, and the Chrysanthemums were all in full bloom. Happy to see such life on the terrace!

I spent an hour or two with the plants. As a part of festival harvest, I got a few Okra, a bunch of Greens (Dantu), and a few Green Chillies. I prepared sambar from these vegetables. We plucked flowers for the festival puja; colorful basket of flowers and fragrant leaves!

Due to heavy rains, pests have increased. I removed the infected leaves and sprayed pesticide during the weekend; pruned the rose plants that did not have any buds. I wish there is good sunlight for the plants, along with the rains. Well, I guess wish was granted; it's a sunny Sunday.

The bonsai plant has not only survived but also has new leaves. That's encouraging! I am waiting to convert the lemon sapling into a bonsai. I also bought one Nolina Recurvata (Pony tail) plant to make a bonsai. That's going to be lovely!
More experiments in the next update. Keep raking and spading!

Oh, I discovered the name of one of my nameless plants; it's Peperomia Argyreia (watermelon begonia). :-) 

Regards,
Asha

5 comments:

  1. Hello Asha! whenever I go on a outstation, the first to check once arrived home... my plants ha ha... We have the same genes ha ha... I saw you have lovely African violets. Glad to see many other plants are flourishing well in your garden. Keep posting ok. You have a wonderful blog :-D Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie. Yes, we have similar genes! It's so pleasant to be surrounded by the plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent blog Asha. I wish you all the very best for your garden and blog. Waiting for more experiments and their results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Asha, Thank you very much for the including my blog in your blogroll. I appreciated it very much. I love the name of your blog. I think it is very unique. I hope you had a great time during the harvest celebrations and do have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ashwin!

    Autumn Belle, it's my pleasure to list your blog on my site. You write your blogs very passionately, and there is so much to learn from the blogs.

    Regards,
    Asha

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget