Monday, December 13, 2010

Double... la la

It's a lovely season - Winter. Early mornings and evenings are cold. Afternoons are bright. Such a season is great for a few vegetables. Avarekalu (, I think this is Dolichos lablab) is most famous at this part of India. Ah, for me - Dolichos lablab - sounds like "Delicious... la la!" :-)

My double beans creeper has grown beautifully. The flowers are small and Yellow. The beans are long and thick. I love these beans; they taste awesome. I need to patiently wait for them to ripe, and let Nature take her course! Last week, I managed to click a few pictures of my double beans creeper. Here they are:

Double Beans Creeper
Flower

I must also tell you about the lotus plants. They seem to be comfortable in the environment; they have new leaves, and have spread out. I forgot to mark their colors on the containers; hmm… I have to wait for them to flower to know the colors. 
Lotus 1
Lotus 2
Enjoy the winter.

Regards,
Asha

2 comments:

  1. Have to update you, the hibiscus which never bloomed is finally doing so. My MIL had given me this plant and this one waited to bloom till she was here...they were visiting us last week and pop come out 2 buds!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic, Malathi! I can visualize your happiness :) Send me a pic of the flowers!

    Regards,
    Asha

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget