Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Green hibiscus... Really!

When I walked around admiring the hibiscus plants, one rare variety caught my eye. The person behind me said, "Oh, that's the Green hibiscus!" I stared at him surprised - a Green hibiscus? I let me gaze move from him to the plant, and still questioned to myself, "Green? Really?" Without further thinking, I bought a young plant home.

Day after day, I've been nurturing the plant, and waiting for it to have buds, which would bloom into lovely Green hibiscus. Today was special for me not just because it was Indian Republic Day, but also because one bud bloomed into a Green hibiscus! And, I was home to see it bloom slowly. Petal after petal bloomed when the rays of the Sun touched them.

I was thrilled - YAY! I pulled my husband out to see the flower. Was romantic to see the lovely flower together! When my mother visited us today, I dragged her to the garden to show the rare beauty. She too was, "Green, or my eyes dull?" Ha ha... I confirmed to her that the color was Green. Yes, of course, I am uploading the photos to share my joy. :-)

Green hibiscus bud

Half-bloomed baby
Green baby!


I also saw Green chrysanthemums at the Lalbagh flower show; didn't click a photo of it nor did I buy the plant.

Well... it's truly time to go Green!


Regards,
Asha

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I have not seen one before either. Looks like you found a treasure ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just brilliant! Your pride as a 'mother' shows in capturing the chronology. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a special and unique green colour, in fact it makes the flower stand out. So much more meaningful as it bloomed on Indian Republic Day. Happy celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello AB! Glad you liked the flower.

    Regards,
    Asha

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget