Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcoming New Year 2011

Happy New Year 2011!

Each year unfolds unknown mysteries of life, and gives us strength and wisdom to resolve those mysteries. The New Year season is always fun. Welcoming the New Year is one big event - fireworks, prayers, and holidays!

We returned from our holiday, and yes, our plants are fine. We added more plants to the terrace garden. A few gerbera daisies, hibiscus, land orchids, and water plants. That's a plenty!

During the end of 2010, I promised not to buy any more plants. Now that we are in 2011, I can add more plants; can't I? No prizes for guessing what I will be doing over the next weekends. Obviously, planting the new plants! :-)

I have also been observing the Sun's direction of rise and shine (!), and moving my plants accordingly. On January 14 or 15, the Sun's direction will change. The days will slowly become hotter, and most plants may crave for shade. I have to prepare myself to make the environment better for the plants.

Well, that's a task for tomorrow, but today, let me post photos of the new arrivals.

Regards,
Asha
Orange hibiscus

Gerbera

Gerbera



Land Orchid Purple
White Lily
Pink Lily
White-Pink anthurium

2 comments:

  1. Love all your new additions Asha! They are gorgeous :-D especially the white pink anthurium and orange hibiscus. Happy New Year and happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steph! I loved their colors too - full of life. I had been waiting for that White-Pink anthurium for about 6-8 months. A few Rexes have survived too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget