Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Chili Peppers


This morning was crisp and bright. When I was ready to water the plants, I saw something that made me clap my hands (out of joy). What was it, you ask?

Green peppers! Tiny ones shyly shining in the Sun. Was wondering how I missed to observe them all these days, or did they grow overnight. Whatever may be the reason, I was thrilled, and called my husband to see the peppers.
Green Pepper
It's a sheer joy to hold hands with my husband, and watch the plants at their best. He is the first one to listen to my chatter about the garden. He encourages me to experiment further. Thank you, dear!

I love the shape of the peppers - stout and glossy. They are so tiny that I'm scared to touch them - what if they fall. Oh, I pray - pretty please, please grow well!
More peppers
*** Will upload better quality photos in the future blogs. :-)

I also observed the leaves were a little wrinkled especially the young ones. That's not a good sign. The plants:
  • May have a virus, or
  • Are watered excessively (, which is ruled out), or
  • Need fertilizer
One out of the three possibilities is ruled out. I added a little fertilizer, and also turned the leaves to see the presence of some virus - not sure. I will wait for a day or two to see the response from the plants. If the leaves continue to curl, I may need to spray pesticide.

Let me know if you have faced similar issue with your peppers and about your method of fixing it.

Enjoy your day.

Regards,
Asha

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Malathi! How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow hold hands hehe... nice pepper! Those wrinkled leaves, I think just spray some pesticide in anycase ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holding hands! :-) Posted recent pics of peppers. The pests have attacked the darling plants. Sprayed neem oil today; let's hope the plants recover.

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget