Sunday, June 26, 2011

Peanuts harvested!

And, what did I harvest today? Peanuts, mainly, and chillies. For peanuts, the sowing-to-harvest time was approximately four months. If I kept these plants for another month, would have had more nuts. But I'm happy with the harvest, and the success of the experiment. :-)

Peanuts being pulled out
Peanut plants
Peanuts!
Harvest nuts :-)

Chillies

After yesterday's heavy rain, the terrace garden definitely needed cleaning. I removed the weeds, and moved the newly planted hibiscus and bougainvillea plants to a brighter place. They love sunlight, and they shall get it. I planted all the spinach plants in one container. These plants were growing inside multiple containers; they seem to have turned into weeds! I also cleaning my box that contains garden equipment, seeds, pesticides, and other related stuff. I was tempted to sow a few other seeds, when I saw the seeds packets. Well, such temptations must not be resisted, and I sowed palak, bitter gourd, and marigold seeds. Again, this time around, I sowed the seeds in containers rather than seed trays or paper pots. It's fun to experiment, and study the seeding techniques. 

Grapes 
The rose plants needed a little pruning; some of them have lovely buds. I've been postponing the re-potting of chrysanthemums. Next weekend will be reserved for this activity. If you remember, I pruned my Jade plant, and planted its cuttings. Yippee, new plants have grown from the cuttings; will write about them later. The new plants have adjusted to the new environment, and have new leaves. The grapes creepers have new leaves; thank God, they survived. 


Happy gardening!

Regards,
Asha

Regards,
Asha


4 comments:

  1. The peanut plant looks delicate but the roots are so productive. What a good plant! Hope the peanuts taste great. And Asha, you grape plant is looking really good. Have a great week and happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx, Steph! The plants grew well, and low maintenance (except that my plants had powdery dew). Yes, the nuts tasted yum and soft. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The peanut looks good for the garden as well as the kitchen. I like the foliage. After seeing this, I am tempted to plant peanuts in my garden too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, AB! Pls do plant the peanuts; will be fun to harvest them. I have Chinese peanuts that a friend gifted; ate some and saved some. Want to sprout them, and try to grow them. :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget