Friday, August 5, 2011

Fertilizer Friday - Aug 05/2011

Today, my day began with almond-raisin muffin for breakfast. Oh yes, it's a Friday treat (on a cloudy and cold day)! The day had happy moments at office and home. Though the week was hectic, I guess that it's been productive. That leaves me with some more time to spend with my plants. Due to heavy rains, I lost one potato plant; need to move it to a safer place.

Oh, I sowed a variety of seeds last Sunday, and I see 100% germination! Will post about them during the weekend. I need to buy more containers, and soil and manure. I also need some sunshine; wondering how I can pull the Sun out of its hiding place. :-)

Today, a few new flowers have bloomed. Here are the photos:
Crown of Thorns

Hibiscus
Mums
Spatika White 
Bougainvillea White
Yes, you are correct; these photos are to celebrate the Fertilizer Friday.

Happy weekend!

Regards,
Asha

5 comments:

  1. The flowers are pretty and sweet. I can't grow chrysanthemums here. Your hibiscus has a lovely yellow tint on the red petals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a good collection of chrysmums; lost a few of them due to pest attack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10% for me requires a celebration, Asha.Your 100% success with germination is fantastic. I seem to have lost my skills at germination.
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Rosie. As an experiment, I also scattered seeds in bigger containers (that already had plants). Due to rains, none germinated. Then I used the seed trays. If I wasn't lazy at that moment, I would have made paper pots to sow the seeds. The quality of germinated seedlings, when grown in the paper pots, is awesome. Healthy roots, and all the seedlings tend to survive. I'm not sure how many of these seedlings will actually grow and bloom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wouldn't it be wonderful if we all could tour each friday's flaunting gardens together and in person? I would love it!
    I wish I had more time to visit all of my favorites everytime you post!
    Thank you so much for linking in and sharing your post with my party today! Have a wonderful weekend!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget