Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bonsai - Ponytail Palm

Almost a year ago (Sep 19, 2010), I wrote about my experiments with Bonsai. I am always awe-struck when I see bonsai plants. For me, they connect the senses and the soul - kind of spiritual. Though, I have been tempted a couple of times to make a bonsai, I have resisted. That's because I need to wait and watch the outcome of my first experiment. Well, I guess the ponytail palm (beaucarnea recurvata) bonsai has not only survived but also grown. Yay!

Does that motivate me to grow more bonsai plants? Hmm... May be. :-)

Ponytail palm
A good Asia Guide for Bonsai is http://www.bonsaishoponline.com/bia/country/india/index.shtml. Also, check this Web site for lovely and rich collection of online books: http://www.phoenixbonsai.com/books/OnlineBooks.html.

Happy experimenting!

Regards,
Asha

4 comments:

  1. very ncie! is it time to get your second bonsai? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first bonsai. I haven't seen this kind ever before. I hope you will write a post of all your efforts in bonsai some time. I am also interested in bonsais, but don't feel I'm ready for it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Arati. I think I need a little more time to acquire knowledge about bonsai. Currently, enjoying reading a few books and observing a few bonsai plants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Anita. The ponytail palm is a beautiful plant, and a few landscapes have included this plant. It also grows beautifully when transferred to the ground. Best part of this plant is its non-fussy nature, and is easy to maintain.

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget