Saturday, September 17, 2011

Designing Terrace Garden Patios

Yes, it's Sunday - the special day when I clean the garden. Thanks to my hubby for disposing the waste. Well, I wish I could use the garden waste in making compost, but due to construction work, all the unwanted rubbish gets mixed with the garden waste. It's better to dispose everything than keep some.

My current project is to work on the patio design for our terrace (container) garden, and with a limited budget. The main focus is to keep everything simple - design, elements, and cost. The construction and fabrication are work-in-progress, and ah, what a mess the terrace is. I only hope that I can save my plants from cement and inquisitive workers. :-)



When I think about this project, I feel excited and challenged. I remind myself that this is just the first phase of the project, and that I shouldn't set goals that are over-ambitious. But, oh, more than 100 ideas dance in my head, and each tend to involve 100 more sub-ideas. Silencing them all is such a tedious job!

I searched the Internet for patio projects, and wow, I found a lot of information. Though, I am n-o-t going to do any of the suggested designs, I absolutely love looking at the designs and admiring them.

http://www.gardenbuilders.co.uk/section.php/348/1/design/d93ac1db4127611b7bb1e3f23e924656
http://www.secretgardens.com.au/cityApartment.html
http://chicagogardens.com/rooftop_gardens_projects/bucktown_modern/1.php
http://www.gardenpatio.com/
http://www.hgtv.com/landscaping/pleasing-patio-designs/pictures/index.html
http://www.floralandhardy.co.uk/pages/patio-and-+courtyard-garden-design

And many more!

Now tell me... Isn't it easy to go over-board after seeing such awesome designs, uh? :-D

Regards,
Asha

7 comments:

  1. Wow! It must be really exciting to be designing a patio style terrace garden. Aren't those wooden beams I see? I would love to see how it all turns out in the end. Do keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden makeover is looking good. I am already liking what I see ;-) Thanks for those links. They are really interesting. And yes I know it is easy to be just spending hours reading and seeing the designs. Hope that you will complete your new terrace soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita, those are iron beams, which will support double-tiled roof. Will post updates, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Steph. It's fun to acquire knowledge and to put it into use. Well, it's exhausting too. But when we return home after a hard day's work, feels nice to see these new beginnings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness! I can't wait to see the finished product!! Are those beams lavender...or are they iron...just so neat to see things come together... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your project, it looks really good so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mona,
    The structure looks massive. The rust on the iron gives it a lavender tinge; cute, though. :-)

    Thanks, Fer.

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget