Monday, October 10, 2011

Flowering Tree Permaculture Institute


Permaculture is an interesting study, and a great book that introduces the idea of garden as an ecosystem is 'Gaia's Garden: A Guide To Home-Scale Permaculture' by Toby Hemenway.

When I was reading the first few pages of this book, I came across 'Making the Desert Bloom, Sustainably.' "That's real?" I thought. I read the section in detail, and searched the Internet for related information. Guess what I found?

http://www.floweringtreepermaculture.org/

Flowering Tree Permaculture Institute is NGO that promotes permaculture. Roxanne Wentzel and Joel Glanzberg have been successfully gardening in the desert. They grow native plants as well as exotic ones. Now they educate people about permaculture and its concepts.

This NGO is involved in projects such as land restoration, seed saving, water catchment, cultural preservation, and others. Click 'Our Projects' on the Home page to know information.

You can see photos, videos, and online library resources by either clicking the links on the top bar or by clicking the 'Resources' link on the Home page.

The NGO publishes a newsletter - Droppings; contains interesting and useful information. Click the 'Library & Links' link on the Resources page, to view the newsletters.

Happy browsing!

Regards,
Asha

2 comments:

  1. I love the permaculture concept. Thanks for the link. There's just so much of wonderful information in that link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita, if you can get a copy of book, Gaia's Garden, please read it. I am sure you will like it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget