Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ground Orchids

Hello! I hope all your plants are fine.

Well, the construction work (on our terrace) is still on going, and most of my plants are not in their best health. Wish the construction is completed at the earliest so that I can pamper my plants and help them regain their lost glory.
Unfinished work
Tell you what... The plants have been flowering some beautiful flowers, and the peppers and potatoes are ready for harvest. The strawberry plants are still yielding fruits. I have been observing the bleeding hearts flowers silently bloom; gorgeous. The pink cosmos flowers are pretty, and are new this season. The lolly pop plant is back with her lovely flowers. The ground orchids have flowered; YES!

The ground orchids are orchids that grow in rich soil. The terrestrial orchids are easy to grow and a beginner's delight. Provide well-drained and rich soil for this type of orchids, and watch them grow. Ensure that the plants do not receive direct sunlight; filtered light is good.

The ground orchids that I have are:
- Spathoglottis Plicata - violet and orange-yellow varieties
- Phaius Tankervilliae - also know as Nun Orchid

The Nun Orchids are stunning, and if you have land space, oh, do they grow well!

Here are photos of ground orchids that have bloomed this season:
Spathoglottis Plicata - Orange-Yellow 
Spathoglottis Plicata - Violet
Phaius Tankervilliae
I hope to be more regular in updating the blog and responding to your emails. Happy week.

Regards,
Asha

4 comments:

  1. Hi Asha, wonderful orchids!! I have a ground orchid blooming in my garden now but it is definitely not as gorgeous as yours. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous collection of Orchids! I've never been successful growing orchids so I am completely in awe of your collection. Waiting to see your completed terrace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steph, aren't they pretty! I am such your orchid will be gorgeous. Will visit your blog to see the photos. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anita, how have you been? Ground orchids are non-fussy and grow well; try growing one. I am still trying to understand the other varieties of orchids. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget