Saturday, January 7, 2012

Welcoming New Year 2012

I welcomed 2011 with additions to my garden. The previous year was fun especially experimenting with growing vegetables, orchids, fruits, and other plants. I have treasured the learning. Each new leaf or bud or fruit brought happiness. Felt sad when some plants did not survive; replaced them with same or other plants. As you remember, due to construction work and due to my health reasons, the terrace garden was unkempt and resulted in loss of more plants.

Today, when I pruned and cleaned a few containers, I was happy to find some baby potatoes, chillies, and a lemon. Oh, yes, the Orange plant has a beautiful fruit! I am motivated to resume my gardening activities, but I need to take it slow due to health. What I have realized is that the plants grow irrespective of whether you want them to or not; with a little care, they will become healthy and yield a good harvest. Similar to children!

I thanks all the gardeners that have hosted useful and beautiful gardening blogs. Please visit their blogs as well; I have listed them in my Blog Roll.

What's my New Year resolution, you ask? As far as possible, try to grow my own vegetables. And what's your resolution?

Happy gardening.

Regards,
Asha

4 comments:

  1. You found a Lemon, wonderful!
    My own resolution is to encourage other gardeners to join the free Folia gardening website. It's a great resource for gardeners and has helped me keep on top of my 800+ plantings with photo's, notes, journals, milestones etc. They have an extensive plant wiki and a seed stash section where people can also list seeds for swapping. Here's the link to my Folia page so you can see how it works: www.myfolia.com/gardener/CDfolia/invite.

    I hope you'll join and delight us with more of your delights as you prune and grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you good health and lots of vegetables in the new year. My resolution is to try growing some new plants in the garden, including lemon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cally, thanks for the invite. I joined the Folia Website. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anita, thanks; wishing you a beautiful New Year. Lemon plants grow very well at Chennai. Hoping to see updates about your new plants.

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget