Thursday, February 23, 2012

Green Harvest

Previous weekend, plucked a few leaves of spinach, radish, and amaranthus. I prepared a simple sambar with the leaves. Washed and chopped them fine. Added finely chopped tomatoes, onions, and garlic. Cooked all these ingredients in a pressure cooker along with lentil. I saved a few spinach leaves to make poha (with green peas). Both the dishes tasted yum!

And yes, four beautiful gardenia flowers bloomed, and also several crape jasmine (nandi battalu) flowers covered the plant. Ended up clicking photo when the flowers were drying.






Regards,
Asha

7 comments:

  1. Ok, now I got it. My neighbour's plant blooms into our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vegetables sound delicious--I grow amaranth here in the southwestern US because it can handle the heat better than other greens and will have to try your combination. (Once our growing season arrives, of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pattu, it's nice to have neighbors who have gardens/plants. One of my childhood neighbor had a goose berry tree, which had branches leaning towards our house. Oh, the branches would be heavy with goose berries, and we (kids) would pluck them all! Fun days. :)

    Hi Stacy, talk about heat! It's getting hotter here; have to spray water to keep the surroundings cool, for the plants. All the best for the growing season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos made my mouth water...looks delicious. I think I will go to get me something to eat...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sage, I like greens. I want to try the spinach basil pasta salad next time.
    Recipe seems tempting:

    http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Spinach-Basil-Pasta-Salad-Allrecipes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi E-Gardener, that's a humble harvest. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget