Thursday, May 31, 2012

Cactus and succulents

I have a mini collection of cactus and succulent. They look pretty, and are easy to grow, maintain, and cultivate. A few of my cactus have tiny pretty flowers. I'm yet to learn the names. Please identify them, if you are familiar with the plants. Informative Website that I found is the Succulent Guide.

The collage displays a few plants; will share photos of others on another day. What's in your cactus and succulent collection?

Also see:





Regards,
Asha

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this tidbit of information. I do not know how to identify many of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I visit a plant nursery, I am amazed to listen to the helpers listing the names of all the plants - both scientific and common name. :)

      Delete
  2. The cacti listing and the photographs are informative.

    We were growing so many , long ago, all just disappeared over the years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Pattu, we definitely have lost a few plants over the years. During my growing days, I remember that every house had a jasmine creeper. Was lovely to see the women and children pluck the buds, and women chit-chatting with neighbors and making a garland from the freshly plucked buds. Those were good old beautiful days! I am not sure if we will ever get those days back.

      Delete
  3. Though it is too late to comment on this post. I found interesting in your post that you are want to know your species. However I also dont know the name of your species. I also love cactus and succulent. Around 30 types of species of cactus I have. However some can be seen in http://owncactus.blogspot.in/ I wonder beaing a software proffesional you managed time to your hoby. Great.

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget