Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday Blooms - May 25, 2012

Hello, Friday! I hope all of you had a great week, and are looking forward for an awesome weekend. Join me in celebrating Fertilizer Friday and Floral Friday.

Yellow-colored Crocuses flowers bloomed in one of the containers in which a Caladium plant grew. At my mother's friend's house, White-colored Crocuses flowers have covered the ground like a lovely carpet. I see these flowers a lot this year; the summer Sun is good for these flowers.

During my visit to Kodaikanal, I had bought three Fuchsia plants, which were about 2-3 inches. I had no knowledge about how to grow them. I fell in love with the flowers on the parent plants, and bought these plants. Only one plant survived, and has blooms. I guess that something worked well for this one plant. Oh, it has a gorgeous flower!

Red-colored and Pink-colored Geraniums look pretty amidst the green foliage. I also have three more varieties of Geraniums that bloomed pretty flowers. I'm waiting for more flowers to pop up. I love Geraniums because they are hardy plants. Give them sunlight, water, and nutrients, and they will quietly grow.

Hibiscus plants have been flaunting several flowers almost every single day. The buds of plants that are in shade seem to be falling. I'm unable to move these containers to a brighter place; I need help. Hopefully, this weekend, I'll move the plants to a suitable place. Rose plants are fine now; tiny buds are visible.

I pruned the Bridal Bouquet creeper, and within weeks, there were more buds than leaves. These flowers are fragrant, and resemble a Jasmine variety. One after another, the buds are bloomed. When I water the plant, I stand near it for a few seconds to soak in its fragrance. The flowers resemble the tiny stars; at evenings, the creeper and its flowers look stunning.

I haven't mentioned about my Bitter Gourd creeper. From one puny creeper, I harvested more than eight gourds. I made a curry from those gourds. There are more flowers (Yellow-colored) now, which will turn in to fruits. I'm excited because it's the first time I grew this gourd variety.

And Yay! The two eggplant plants that survived the rodent attacks have flowers, and one of them has an eggplant. Oh, it's White in color, and I love the shine on its coat! The flowers are star-shaped, and are misty White in color. These plants have attracted many bugs. I had to handpick the bugs, and also sprayed Neem oil to keep them at bay. I guess that the plants need one more round of pesticide.

I have sowed a few seeds last week. Hopefully, they sprout and survive to produce healthy harvest. Fingers crossed! That's all from me. Keep gardening!

Click the photo to view the Picasa album.

Fertilizer Friday - May 25, 2012

Regards,
Asha

6 comments:

  1. Your eggplant does look good! And so does your pink rose plant. I have the same variety in red. It is still too young and I hope it blooms like yours soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have either of your plants that you shared this week! can't wait to see the eggplant growing more and more each week!!!
    I thank you so much for linking in this week. It is an honor to host Friday's Flaunt and meet new friends and visit the regulars (who are like old friends) who share. I always feel so privelaged to know that inspiration is just a click away when need a bit of a boost for my spirits! It is a pleasure to tour and see all the gorgeous blooms...landscaping and ideas that all the participants share, and I appreciate each and every link and comment! I have shared your post today with my facebook page for Tootsie Time. I hope you will link in again soon!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Asha! You garden is coming right along! Fun to watch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sri Ranjani, Glenda, and Libby! I'm glad to see the garden spring back to action. Have a good week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and a nice selection of shots!

    Thank you for your continuing participation in Floral Friday Fotos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! My pleasure to participate.

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget