Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday Flowers and a Project

It's Friday, and once again, we flaunt flowers at our gardens. Join me in Fertilizer Friday (Glenda) and Floral Friday Fotos (Nick), and have a look at all the gardeners that showcase their lovely flowers and gardens. 

I seem to have flaunted most of the flowers in yesterday's article. Well, our little terrace garden didn't disappoint me today; it has more flowers for me to showcase. This evening I spent some time to re-pot the lemon plant in a bigger container. I have planted cuttings of one of the Geranium plants. I also pruned the rose plants and the creepers. I may be early in pruning the plants, but I'm cleaning them before the rains. Ah, we had a drizzle, and the sky was covered with dark clouds. However, no rain today at our area.  

Last week, I bought a few terracotta containers. My project is to paint them all, and then plant appropriate plants in them. I got containers of different shapes. I'm evaluating the idea of making designs from chalk powder or porcelain powder, and decorating the containers with them. The base color is Maroon (Asian Paints). I dusted the containers, and painted a thin coat of this color. The containers are dry; will get ready to paint the next coat of color. I'm not having a fixed plan about decorating these containers; will let inspiration (of whatever kind) guide me.


Do you see the pretty Orange-colored rose? She is new at our garden. The White roses have bloomed late this season. The large Golden Yellow hibiscus bloomed today. Love that color! Anthurium plants are flowering, one by one. These two flowers seem like best friends sharing a secret, don't they? The Jasmine buds are all set to bloom tonight. The fragrance will surround us, when we walk on the terrace after dinner. That's something I love the most.


Let's me know what you love the most about your garden. Happy weekend!

Regards,
Asha

20 comments:

  1. Those containers are lovely, and isn't it always exciting when the hibiscus start blooming? Always makes me smile. Right now what I love most about my garden are the lovely rose arbors that my sweet hubby put up for me recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, and thanks! It is definitely exciting and soothing to watch those flowers bloom. Rose arbors? I can only imagine how beautiful they look. Will stop by at your garden blog. :D

      Delete
  2. I like the shades of your hibiscus, rose and anthurium flowers. They are very unique. I like terracotta pots too. Yours are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure those pots are going to be as pretty as those flowers :-D Happy painting them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those planters are beautiful! They will look so nice with plants. And the rose has the most beautiful colors, so interesting. For me, the sense of privacy and retreat is what I love most about my garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! For privacy, I'm planning to train vines to cover parts of the terrace, and also get a few crotons/palms. All these tasks are still on the to-do list, which is growing longer by the day. :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely post!

    Thank you for participating in Floral Friday Fotos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting it, and introducing us to varieties of flowers.

      Delete
  6. Your flowers look great! and so do the terracotta pots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and good to see you back in action!

      Delete
  7. I loved those pots, and Jasmine... mmm....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will miss the jasmine blooms, now that summer is over. :)

      Delete
  8. The colors are all so bright and beautiful can't wait to see what you do with those pretty pots. You have lots of pretties..
    hugs, Cherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherry. I used a few unfinished (painted only one coat) pots for planting the zeezee plants. Will write about this plant in a while.

      Delete
  9. Très beau post fleuri. Merci de le partager.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Rekha. Very inspriring... It has been quite a while that I checked your blog. Looks like I missed quite a lot! I love paiting terracotta pots too. I have done small ones, yours are very pretty. Do you plan to keep them indoors? Would the paint peal off if water falls on them? Flowering creepers would look pretty in the long ones. Do post the painted ones after you complete them:-). Sumathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This blog is nice to understand.NSW India Ltd (NSW) is a ISO 9002 certified organization with an impressive track record of multifarious manufacturing and marketing activities for over four decades. Into the manufacture of a large variety of Ovens and machines it has successfully installed its machines for the largest number of applications in India. Powder painting plants.

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget