Sunday, June 10, 2012

Rake and spade at work

Today's main task was to clean the terrace garden. Plants grew wild, and some tangled with the neighboring plants. The dried leaves of the mango tree had fallen inside the containers and around the containers. The rotten mangoes had fallen down and had attracted a lot of insects. Oh, in total, everything seemed like a mess!

First, I pruned the plants, and then swept all the rubbish. Ram disposed the rubbish. Next I replanted saplings from Anthurium plants, cactus plants, impatiens plants, and coleus aromaticus plant. Feels nice to see the healthy parent plants produce saplings. The Anthurium plants that I previously propagated have grown bigger, and have bloomed flowers.

The Strawberry plants have revived; hopefully, they survive to bear fruits. My Aloe Vera plant resembles a giant; I had to remove a few saplings, and plant them in different containers. Well, the parent plant also needs a change of container - bigger; probably, next weekend. Some containers have a good count of earthworms. 

The fragile Bitter gourd creeper is climbing on everything that it can. It's too late to disentangle the creeper and train it to climb a support. The Lettuce seedlings have been replanted; they are tiny, and I wonder if they'll all survive. I am yet to move the Tomato seedlings in to bigger containers. Phew... I still have a lot of work at the garden, ain't it? 

Good news is that I plucked the Eggplant, and that the Red vine spinach has survived! The Amaranths seedlings are growing taller week after week. They seem to remind me that they need bigger space to grow. The Orange plant has two oranges, and has started flowering again. This dear plant had been patiently waiting for me to replant it in bigger container; the wait is over because I moved it to a nice big container. Ah, the Green chillis are ready to harvest! Did I tell you that I bought a curry plant? Yes, I bought two of them; out of which one seems to have survived. 


That's all for the weekend. Have a good week ahead.

Regards,
Asha

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fruitful day. Good luck with your curry plants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Autumn Belle! How have you been? Curry plants see to be delicate. Hope that they survive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah! thats some good progress :) Keep up the spirit!

    btw, where did you get the curry leaf & orange saplings from? Is it Lalbagh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome, GoodEarth! Sounds nice when I say that, and to see you out of the cocoon :)

    I got the curry plants from Department of Horticulture, Hulimavu, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore.

    Orange plant... I think I got this one from Wayanad, Kerala.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Asha, that Brinjal looks cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget