Thursday, July 12, 2012

Container Painting - design 1

As I mentioned in my previous blog, I have terra-cotta containers that I plan to paint. A few of them have received one thin coat of the base paint; however, I need to paint one more coat, and then complete the design on it. For each shape (of container), I plan to have a different design. One design sample is of flowers and leaves. This motif repeats through the container (, if container is big); otherwise, only one motif would suffice.

The colors that I have chosen for the base is deep maroon. The flowers will be lighter shade, such as cream, yellow, white. The leaves will be medium shade of Green. With acrylic paints, the shades come out well. I am hoping that I can start painting this motif during this weekend. Let's see. 


Also see: http://rake-and-spade.blogspot.in/2012/07/terra-cotta-artifacts-and-painting.html

Regards,
Asha

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow Asha this is a fun project. Hope to see them on the pots soon. Have a great week :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stephanie! I'm hoping to dedicate quality time towards this project.

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget