Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Container Painting - design 2, and Terra-cotta artifacts


Continued from previous article... 

Terra-cotta artifacts are famous at India. When we travel out of town, we tend to stop to admire or to buy a few artifacts from the local region. Buying local produce or handicrafts can help keep certain art and craft alive. Cutting the middle-men helps the artisans in many ways.

The following photos show the terra-cotta artifacts found on the Bangalore-Chittoor-Tirupati highway. Both sides of the road showcase the artifacts; some are displayed just outside the artisans’ house. You can also get to see how they make the artifacts. It’s fun!


Sharing a few more of my design notes for terra-cotta container painting.


Regards,
Asha

4 comments:

  1. Want to buy all of them and place in my garden!:-_

    Lovely.

    Pattu

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were beautiful pieces of art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love clay and such lovely designs you have shared
    Thank You for the sweet comment on my blog
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget