Wednesday, August 29, 2012

White Water Lily


Hello! How are you and how is your garden? We have been receiving good amount of rain. The fields look awesome with freshly planted paddy. Beautiful time to travel to the outskirts of the city, and yes, we did travel! Will write more about the travel in my travelogue.

I have a lot of new plants added to the terrace container garden. One of such plants is the White Water Lily (Nymphaea Alba). This one grows in ponds and lakes. I was skeptical when I got this plant home - can I provide the plant an environment to grow? Well, let's experiment.



The two other aquatic plants - lotus and lily - are growing fine. I am hoping that the new lily will grow and survive. Currently, the plant graces a plastic container that is filled with water. Later, I plan to move it to a bigger container with good amount of growing material and manure.

I also read that this lily variety is sedative and an aphrodisica depending on the source of the plant. For more details, see Nymphaea Alba.

Regards,
Asha

1 comment:

  1. Lovely name Nymphaea!

    Looks very pretty. What a novelty to have a lily on the terrace.

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget