Saturday, September 29, 2012

Happy Sunday!


Happy Sunday!

It has been raining here for the last 3-4 days. Plants are glad to receive the rains. The plants that I had pruned have tender leaves. I'm keeping my fingers cross, praying that pests don't attack the plants.

Due to various unavoidable reasons, I haven't been able to dedicate quality time at the terrace garden. This morning, when I walked on the terrace to inspect the plants, I was in for surprises.

A sponge gourd creeper had sprung up in one of the containers. The tomato plants had ripened tomatoes. One of the gladiolus plants, which I bought from Norway, has buds. The bleeding hearts vine has pretty flowers. The fuchsia flowers look stunning. The Red passion flower creeper has buds. The new waterlily plant seems to have adjusted to its environment, and has bloomed a flower. The new bromeliad plant also is flaunting flowers. Well, I'm amazed at how the plants can adapt and can nurture themselves.


I wish that my health co-operates, and that I am able to look after the plants better. :)


Regards,
Asha

4 comments:

  1. Hi Asha,

    Is that a cherry tomato plant? Pretty flowers by the way...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sri Ranjani, thanks! How have you been? Seems like cherry tomato, but I'm not sure about the exact variety. The tomato plants that grew a few seasons ago were cherry tomatoes. Need to dig out those seeds. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Pattu. Hopefully, this waterlily survives and blooms a lot of flowers.

      Delete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget