Thursday, September 13, 2012

Lotus in limelight again


Do you remember the first time my lotus bud bloomed? That day was July 11, 2011. I was thrilled beyond comprehension! Today also I am thrilled. Why? Read on.

When I saw buds emerging from the lotus plant, I knew that the plant had settled down, and had adapted to the terrace garden and the container in which the plant grows. The first bud didn't bloom due to heavy rains; the bud sunk deep in to the water. The next bud started growing bigger and healthier, and voila, it's bloomed today. Next to this flower is another bud that's waiting to bloom. And, well, more buds are emerging. OK, I am a happy gal!

Sharing a few photos of the lovely lotus.


Regards,
Asha

3 comments:

  1. Thats really pretty, Asha! What type of container are you growing this in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sri Ranjani! I use cement containers to grow the aqua plants. You can find such containers almost everywhere at Bangalore; I bought them from Siddapura (Lalbagh area).

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget