Friday, October 5, 2012

DIY Cushion Covers for Patio Furniture

Some projects can take a long time to complete, especially do-it-yourself projects that I start. :-)

I had a few meters of cloth that I hadn't used for anything. I decided to make cushion covers for a set of four big cushions and three smaller ones. I cut a couple of covers a few months ago, and stitched them. However, the covers for the smaller cushions were pending. I managed to get some hours to sew the covers. I am not trained in sewing but I've managed to learn basic concepts by observing my mother (, who hasn't received any training herself).

Well, the cushion covers aren't professional or perfect, but the joy (of making them myself) was amazing! Only the smaller covers have Green flowers hand-made of cloth and a Golden Yellow bead at the center.


Have a great weekend.

Regards,
Asha

5 comments:

  1. Nice! Asha, I think I have given up on gardening. Snails have eaten every little plant I had, and the large ones in container were shaved off by the bunnies. Now all I have are the fruit trees. Any plant recos that the visitors don't like, but looks good in containers? Have around 30 containers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Megs! Sorry about the damage caused by snails. Thirty containers is awesome, and maintaining them is such an effort! I love fruit trees, but, at present, have a constraint of growing them in containers. Will post more about the fruit trees. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this great piece of information. It’s expressimg your ideas and inspiring me so much regarding ideas of furniture.
    Home Furniture India

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Indu, for visiting and liking the article. I have painted a few terra-cotta containers; will post the photos soon.

      Delete
  4. You did well on those cushion covers considering that they are DIY projects. You said you painted some Terra-cotta containers. Please share more images of them too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget