Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Our terrace garden has sprung back to life!

Our terrace garden has sprung back to life! New leaves, shoots, and buds seem to be appearing on most of the plants. I had a major task of cleaning and pruning the garden, and controlling pests. Now that most of these activities are complete, the garden looks lovely.

This morning, I saw a tiny bird (, size of a hummingbird,) exploring our terrace area. I have hung a terra-cotta nest at our patio, and the nest has been empty for a while. I am not sure if the bird was exploring the nesting possibilities. A few butterflies also have started visiting the terrace garden frequently, and not to forget our dear friends - the squirrels. The mango tree has lot of flowers, and that's attracting Indian green parrots. Oh, the noise they make throughout the day! Well, I guess that 'noise' has grown on me; it's like sweet melodies.

I have a few surprises in my bag.

  1. Banana plants: The four banana plants that I sourced from different places. These plants are planted on the ground, though I could have grown them on terrace. Thanks to my father-in-law for providing the land space for these plants.
  2. Papaya plant: I had bought a fragile papaya plant; it's survived. I may transplant this one on to the ground. Let's see. 
  3. Pepper creeper: The pepper creeper has peppers!
  4. Land orchid: Yay! The plant has flowered.
  5. Mint: The mint plants have grown lush and green. 
  6. Lemon plant: The lemon plant has about five juicy lemons. They may ripen in a few weeks from now.
  7. Strawberry plant: At last, I was able to save a plant. It's now flaunting tiny strawberries. 
  8. Fenugreek seedlings: The seeds sprouted, and the seedlings look healthy. 
Wish I could give more care to my plants; they would have grown much healthier and beautiful. At times, my health takes all my attention, and that's when my plants suffer. Now, I have a person who helps me at the garden; grateful to him for his help.

Oh yes, here are the photos of the terrace garden. Enjoy!



Regards,
Asha

10 comments:

  1. That is quite a colorful B.villa. lovely pepper creeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I'm soooo jealous of you garden bloggers in climates where you can have plants like these outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MrBrownThumb, Bangalore (, the Garden City,) had absolutely beautiful climate, and that's what attracted several people to make Bangalore their home. Now, it's polluted, dirty, and a concrete jungle. Only old houses and bungalows flaunt plants and trees. One way to bring back greenery to Bangalore, in my opinion, may be to follow Cuba's urban agriculture! :-)

      Delete
  3. Your garden now looks very bright, colourful and lush. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, AB! Realized that plants heal themselves and us as well. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, your garden looks healthy..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vasudha! The plants had a pest attack; they are better now. Feels nice to see them flower time and again.

      Delete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget