Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Friends of our garden!


Hello! It's been a long time since I posted about my garden. The plants seem to rest for a while during the winter. But they are fine and flowering. Mornings and evenings are cold while afternoons are scorching. Our friends - crows, pigeons, garden birds, kite, and squirrels - crave for water. They drink from the lotus containers, but I have also observed that the crows drink from the tap, if I leave the tap open. They make it a point to tell me that they need more water on the terrace garden. I hear them, and so, as a temporary solution, I placed a plastic shallow container, and fill it with water everyday. Prior to that, I placed a nice terra-cotta container (, keeps water cool), but our dear friends broke it on the second day. :-)

Today, when I looked out of our porch, what do I see? Birds bathing in the plastic container. Oh, so cute! I stood and watched them have fun, and then wanted to capture that moment in my camera. I rushed inside, pulled my camera, and returned; the birds had flown away. I waited for a while, and yes, our dear crow came. Followed by pigeon. I put a few biscuit pieces, and yes, our dear squirrels came to eat. Life on our terrace garden is beautiful. These little friends of our garden are precious. Their innocent acts are fun to observe, and bring a smile on your face.


My Hello to your friends of garden!

Regards,
Asha

2 comments:

  1. Nowadays more birds are visiting my garden as well. Sign of good weather maybe??? Happy New Year to you Asha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, sign of good weather! Happy New Year to you too, Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget