Sunday, January 27, 2013

Republic Day Flower Show - Hassan 2013

To celebrate Republic Day, the Horticulture department hosts a flower show at Hassan. The flower show is for three days - 26, 27, and 28 Jan. When we visited the show, the stalls were still being setup. The arrangements were in progress. The show was yet to be inaugurated. Good news was that the sale of plants was ON!

We walked around, stopping to admire the flowers and local produce. Compared to the Lalbagh Flower Show (Bangalore), this show was smaller in magnitude but showcased interesting plants. Yes, the farmers also had stalls and flaunted their produce. Farming equipments and machinery were showcased too. The overall experience was fun!

What did I buy? Any guesses? I bought a few rose plants. :-)







Happy week ahead.

Regards,
Asha

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Isn't it? Was heart-warming to see the farmers proudly display the farm produce. :)

      Delete
  2. its ncie to see the vegetables!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Asha,

    I just happened to chance upon your blog...the one where you have posted a pic of your African violets. I guess it was a 2010 July 10 page. Could you tell me where did you get them from? I am quite a plant enthusiast myself and have my balcony filled with pots and plants :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sowmya, thanks for stopping by. If you are at Bangalore, Indo American and Lalbagh have African Violets, based on the growing season. There are several nurseries on the Big Banyan road; at least one of the nurseries will have African Violets. Do let me know if you procure the plants.

      Delete
  4. Unlike B'lore's flower show where you find heavvy, repulsive crowd, this looks pretty good, bet you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! It was lovely to see that people were totally relaxed and willing to share knowledge. :)

      Delete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget