Friday, August 30, 2013

Saintpaulias :)

Hello there! Aren't you glad that it's weekend?
 
The Friday is dedicated to our dear Saintpaulia flowers. These flowers are also known as African Violets. In my experience, it's tricky to grow this plant. By the time I figured out what suits the plants, I had lost a couple of them!
 
The plant is a famous indoor plant. I tried keeping the plant on a windowsill; didn't grow well. I moved the plant outdoors, among plants and under the shade of tree. The plant receives direct sunlight (harsh during summer) yet is guarded by the shade of neighboring plants. The plant seemed to have loved this place, and decided to express herself by flaunting flowers.
 
Cheers! And joining in Floral Friday Fotos!
 
 
Happy weekend!
 
Regards,
Asha

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty! My mom has them in lots of colours, but here we have them only indoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure that your mom would be proud of those flowers. Isn't it a wonder as to how plants adapt themselves to environment?

      Delete
  2. What a great discovery! I love this plant but it is always not growing for me. Thanks for the very useful tips :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie, I love them; but growing them has been tricky for me. Getting to know them by observing their likes and dislikes. Sometimes I wish that the plants could talk. A chit-chat over a cuppa tea would be awesome! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Asha! Lovely flowers and beautiful captures too. Was wondering what camera you use?

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget