Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Sword Lily Bloom of the Season

What's new this week at our garden? Well, a couple of things; but, first, the Sword Lily flower has bloomed. This is Orange-Yellow flower; most common one and grows/flowers easily. I think this variety is called Gladiolus dalenii.
 
I had purchased a few Gladiolus bulbs from Lalbagh (, at a stall during Flower Show,) two years ago. Out of the seven colors, only one bloomed flowers - White color. The remaining bulbs never flowered; the plant grows like grass and dries away at the end of season. I am still looking for good quality bulbs. Let me know where I can find them. 
 
I got the Orange-Yellow bulb from my aunt. This variety is a darling because she blooms each season; brings joy and color to the garden.
 
Which colors of Gladiolus do you have at your garden?
 
 
 


 
Regards,
Asha

2 comments:

  1. My mother-in-law had similar experience with bulbs purchased from Lalbagh. I don't have Gladiolus in my garden. Planning to grow them, after seeing how beautiful they are in your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please grow them; they are beautiful flowers. And you are such an amazing photographer that those flowers will spring to life even in the photos! This time around, the flower show also had stalls that sold Lilium bulbs. I was tempted to buy a few, but was also skeptical about the quality.

      Delete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget