Monday, December 30, 2013

Season's gifts at our home :)

Wishing all of you a very happy New Year 2014! May there be peace at your homes and blooms at your gardens. :)

We too received two wonderful gifts this season. One, of course, is our dear cat, Kitty, giving birth at home to lovely kittens. Two is a secret related to our garden; will write about it later.

On 23 Dec 2013, Kitty went into labor. At about 4.30pm, she started chasing Brownie and Blackie out of the house. She ran down the stairs, climbed the Christmas tree, and chased the kittens to our land garden. She sat at the bottom of the stairs trying to chase the kittens from entering the house. I thought the act was strange, and then realized, oh my good God, Kitty will litter today!

That got me excited and anxious; I ran up the stairs, closed all the doors and windows of the closed-porch, and got cloth pieces, milk, and water. I went downstairs and got Kitty inside. She went inside her nest box, and I went inside the house. Within seconds, she started howling. When I went to see what was wrong, she rubbed herself against my legs. Oh, she wanted me to be with her! So, I sat down on the ground, and she too sat leaning against me; leaned to left, leaned to right, and leaned back. When I was texting someone, she almost bit my phone! For about 3 hours, we sat together; she would go in and out of the nest box several times.

At about 8pm, she went and settled inside the box. One after another, healthy and beautiful kittens were delivered. She was exhausted when the last one came out; was 11pm. I was ready to help her deliver the last one; even though she rested for a while, she managed to deliver the kitten. Was a wonderful moment for her and for us!

Both Kitty and the kittens are fine. The kittens are yet to open their eyes; may be sometime next week, they'll see the world with their eyes instead of nose. Brownie and Blackie stayed inside a make-shift box for two days; one the third morning, a bad cat scared them, and therefore, we got them inside the closed-porch. Kitty and her kittens, Brownie, and Blackie all of them live harmoniously inside the porch now. Yes, the two Bs were inquisitive about the kittens; but when they saw the newborns, the two Bs relaxed and never have gone near the newborns.

Sharing a few photos of our extended family :)

Blackie and Brownie


The four darlings!

Kitty with her newborns

All cuddled up - top view! :D
Regards,
Asha

10 comments:

  1. Best wishes to the entire family!

    And Season's Greetings Mama Asha:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, thanks :) Happy New Year to you!

      Delete
  2. This is cuteness overload :) And they are a colourful bunch like Kitty :D
    Everything about this post is so heartwarming.
    Wishing you more joys this coming year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the litter is doing well so far. Wish you a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shiju. A very happy new year to you and your family! :)

      Delete
  4. Sweet kittens. My favourite is Blackie. His face is so cute :)
    Happy New Year !
    Greetings from Poland !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very happy new year to you too, Ela!

      When we returned home from vacation, we were surprised to find Blackie hiding inside a bush at our land garden. I took B home, and from that moment on B adopted us.Been with us for 2 months now, and grown healthy and naughty; also surprised me when B took to the litter-tray from day one and recognized name from day 7-8! B is a cutie pie.

      Delete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget