Tuesday, March 4, 2014

DIY - Make seed trays from used plastic bottles

It's all about reusing disposable plastic (water) bottles. Previously, I converted such bottles in to plant containers. The plants in these containers have new leaves; growth is fine.
 
And that encouraged me to use the plastic bottles as seed trays or seed starters. I would make paper cups to sow seeds; I loved the paper cups! I also used the commercial seed trays for sowing seeds. Previous week, I cut a few plastic bottles, put the soil mixture inside them, and sowed required seeds. Have a look at the photos.
 
Reuse-Recycle-Reduce!
Three 2-lt water bottles cut length-wise; seeds sown are beans, hollyhock, cosmos


Three days later, beans seedlings and one hollyhock seedling seen in the bottles

A close-up of beans seedlings
Regards,
Asha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget