Thursday, April 10, 2014

Golden Showers at Lalbagh

Continuing about my stroll at Lalbagh...

Yes, it's showering gold at the garden! "Really?" you ask. "Positively!" I reply.

The Golden Show tree has millions of flowers hanging down from the tree. Seems like every leaf on that tree has a flower. The backdrop of Green leaves and the beautiful Yellow flowers make a stunning sight.

This tree is a native of India and Southeast Asia; national tree-flower of Thailand and state flower of Kerala. The tree blooms flowers during late spring or early summer. The flowers seem to attract the carpenter bees. The tree is said to have medicinal properties. I stood admiring the tree and its flowers, for a long time.

Golden Shower Tree with Flowers

Golden Shower Flowers
Regards,
Asha
Regards,
Asha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget