Friday, October 24, 2014

Waterlilies in their best mood!

Hello friends! Our waterlilies seem very happy these days. They have been flowering continuously. Luckily no snails this season. The rains and good sunlight have done wonders to the aqua plants.

Just before the flowering season, I removed the top layer of algae/fallen dried flowers-leaves from the containers. Using a wooden scale, stirred the existing soil and water. Later added a mixture of red mud and horse manure (2:3).

Each morning when I venture into our terrace garden, I see these pretty waterlilies, and then my face lights up; I am happy the entire day. Amazing is the magic of flowers! Sharing a few photos...






Check out our garden accessories page!

Happy weekend!

Asha

4 comments:

  1. Wow Asha! I am so in love with the first one :-D Have a great day. Cheers, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Stephanie! Hope your plants and you are well. I have named the first lily, Elegant Elle. :-)

      Delete
  2. These definitely lifts up anybody's mood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Vasudha. There are many more lilies flowering; they resemble pretty colorful stars (in daylight!).

      Delete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget