Friday, December 18, 2015

Winter cleaning of terrace garden 2015

Hello! It's been a long, long time since I updated this blog. Here I am sharing details about the winter ritual of cleaning my terrace garden. Well, only less than 50% complete. Wait... I still have the land garden to clean; not yet started!

The rains due to cyclone encouraged weeds to grow in almost all containers; snails found the wet soil awesome for hiding and breeding. The weeds dominated the other plants. The snails nibbled on parts of plants. Happy weeds, happy snails!

This morning I grabbed the garden tools, marched to the garden, and began cleaning. Removed weeds, pruned a few plants, removed snails, and so on. Luckily, the weather was pleasant; helped me work.

Was able to harvest turmeric, radish, french beans, mini oranges, eggplant. Saw first buds of a variety of bromeliad. The containers that host waterlily plants needed a thorough cleaning; removed dried leaves and moss. Lost 1-2 rose plants. :-(

While you view the photo collages, let me rest my broken back! Happy weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget