Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Homemade Organic Moringa Powder

Here's one of the organic products that I make at home from our Moringa (or Drumstick) tree. The tree, organically grown, has been with us from generations, and several people have taken cuttings of this tree, and grown healthy trees. 

I pluck a lot of leaves, dry them in shade, and then in Sun/heat to remove all moisture, and then powder the leaves. The result is beautiful Green healthy powder! I also make chutney powder from Moringa leaves. I add a spoonful of powder or handful of leaves in sambar or chapati dough. From the leaves, I prepare a dry curry with dal and freshly grated coconut.

I have been observing the MRP of Organic Moringa Powder that's available in the market; at present, one gram of this powder may cost anywhere between Rs. 1.25 to Rs. 2. Growing the plant at home, especially when the plant is low maintenance and can grow in big containers as well, ) is cheaper (on the longer run) than buying the product.

Check this website to know more about benefits of these leaves: http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-22401/10-powerful-benefits-of-drinking-moringa-every-day.html

Bottom right - leaves drying inside house; Bottom left - leaves completely dry/zero moisture; Top - leaves powdered in a mixer


Powder made from Moringa leaves

Regards,
Asha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget