Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Sage Herb Plants

I grow Sage plants in small plastic containers, at our terrace garden. 

First time I held the sage leaves was when one of my American friends/business clients/coworkers gifted the leaves. A very well-thought gift! Even though he had no idea about meditation, he had found out that burning sage helped in purification of space/people, and would help during my meditation.From then on, I kept searching for seeds/cuttings of sage; found them only after a couple of years at Bangalore. Now it's a breeze to procure this plant!

The Sage plants like the Sun and well-drain soil. The plants can be grown from seeds and cuttings. Seeds are available online. Cuttings available at the now-trending Lalbagh Botanical Garden Flower Show stalls, and other nurseries. Check the health of the roots before buying the plants. Sometimes the cuttings may be newly planted, and the roots may not have developed. During rains, I keep the Sage plants in a protected area; excess water can rot the roots. Rodents don't seem to attack containers housing Sage plants, at our garden. Check this site for information about pest attacks

The plant is a herb, and has several medicinal properties. Read more information about benefits of Sage. It is used in cooking dishes. A few vegetables that can be cooked with Sage are Beetroot, broccoli, carrots, eggplant, onions, peas, Swiss chard, pumpkin, and others. Check this useful website, The Essential Guide to Herbs

Happy Gardening!

Sage
Regards,
Asha

1 comment:

  1. thank you for this post! I am inspired to start growing sage.

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget