Monday, October 16, 2017

Waterlily plantlets floating freely in a container that has mixed waterlily plants. Fascinating to observe the growth, and what a journey from this phase to flower-blooming phase! Will write more about the plantlets, on a later day.

The plantlets are formed on the manure leaves or flowers of waterlilies, and the technique is called viviparity; seen on viviparous waterlilies. This is a method of propagation. My waterlily plant showed plantlets on the leaves. I plant these plantlets in soil, and wait for them to grow, and then move them to different containers with water.

For more information, read Viviparity in the Hardy Waterlily.


Regards,
Asha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi friends,

Thanks for visiting the blog site. Please leave a message to share experiments at your garden or to send me a feedback about my experiments. Even a simple "Hello" would make my day!

Regards,
Asha

There was an error in this gadget